Local and National Grief, Illness and Trauma Resources
Local Adult Support Groups
- Glendale Adventist
- City of Hope
- Arcadia Methodist
- Huntington Memorial
- All Saints Church
- Young and Healthy
Children, Adolescent and Teen Camps
Professional Organizations Links
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC)
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater Los Angeles and the Inland Empire
- Didi Hirsch Survivor After Suicide Program
- Dougy Center for Grieving Children, Oregon
- Mothers in Sympathy and Support (MISS Foundation)
- National Alliance for Grieving Children
Books for Grieving Children
- Buscaglia, Ph.D, Leo: Fall of Freddie the Leaf (Poetic look at the life cycle and its meaning) All ages
- Heegaard, Marge (1988) When Someone Very Special Dies
- Krasny Brown, Laurie & Brown, Marc. (1998) When Dinosaurs Die
- Mellonie, B. & Ingpen, R. R.: (1983) Lifetimes: The beautiful way to explain death to children.
- Wolfelt, Ph.D., Alan. Healing Your Grieving Heart For Kids: 100 Practical Ideas
- Books for Grieving Teens
- Fitzgerald, Helen. (2000) The Grieving Teen (A Guide for Teenagers and Their Friends). Fireside.
- Grollman, Earl. Straight Talk about Death for Teenagers: How to Cope with Losing Someone You Love.
- Gootman, Marilyn E. (1994). When a Friend Dies: A book for teens about grieving and healing
- Wolfelt, Ph.D., Alan: Healing Your Grieving Heart For Teens: 100 Practical Ideas.